Skip to content
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
(As perfected by quarantine.)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar (not dark brown)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (1/2 tsp if you’re sensitive to the taste of marzipan)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda, salt, and baking powder with the flour.
- In a new bowl, cream butter and sugars together until combined (no chunks).
- Mix or beat in eggs, almond extract, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix, making sure to spread the chips evenly through the batter.
- Roll balls of dough and place them evenly spaced on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-9 minutes. You want the cookies to have a soft gooey interior, so take them out right as they begin to turn brown, if not sooner.
- Let cookies cool. As they are under-cooked, they must cool or they will fall apart. Distract yourself while you wait with a nice book. There are plenty to choose from on this blog!
Cookies are best consumed within a day or two of baking. Therefore, you are commanded to eat them all within 48 hours. Them’s the rules.